Team Chosen Articles from the Current Issue
Sunken shipwrecks are a unique ‘happy spot’ for each of us. For the serious wreck addict the focus is all about their technical history and structure. For others …
Milford Sound may not be the first place that comes to mind when planning a dive trip. The term ‘Sound’ suggests it was formed when a river valley was flooded by the …
Incident Insights with the Divers Alert Network (DANAP) By DAN Asia-Pacific's Marty McCafferty Diver No.1 A 37-year-old male diver with approximately 30 …
Our oceans are under immense pressure due to human activity. Global warming, acidification and pollution are just a few of the burdens we impose on our oceans, and it is …
Editorial by Dave Moran
These two simple words by British diver John Volanthen pumped elation and hope through Thailand’s entire population. The rest of the world started to take notice of what was happening in Chang Rai in Northern Thailand. The Wild Boars football team of twelve young boys and their coach had been …
Full Contents of Latest Issue (Subscribe for Full Access)
- PADI celebrates Women Divers Day
- NZU AGM reports
- Takaka’s Te Waikoropupu Springs clearer than clear
- Nutritional value of fish & squid reduced by warm water events
- Get rid of old kapok lifejackets!
- Seaweed scientist tackles climate change
- Tsunamis in lakes?
- Volivoli backs World Oceans Day
- Tiares, tattoos & 3 shades of blue
- Dive Paradise hits the road in an RV (!?)
- Ocean plastics problem won’t be solved in the sea: Tara Expedition
- Cousteau on Generations for Change – A new era dawns
- No-brainer case for more, bigger marine reserves
- The San José – Wreck of the century
- Spearos Notebook: Winter training for world champs
- The simple rules for breath holding divers
- Rules on feeding sharks tightened in Tahiti?
- BEGINNING! – Underwater Photography, A Practical Guide for Beginners by Alexey Zaystev is translated from Russian for the first time. We begin excerpts from the book!
- A (brief ) tribute to Wade & Jan Doak: EIGHT WET DECADES
Bucket List – Destinations
- A Shining Star in Port Vila, Vanuatu
- Wholly unique diving experience in Milford Sound, Fjordland
- Raja Ampat – Nature’s richest realm
- New stuff to capture your wallet
Our Expert Columnists
- Calling time on the quota management system: LEGASEA UPDATE
- Crayfish, Species Focus with Paul Caiger
- Managing your breathing air/gas supply: Incident Insights with DAN, the Divers Alert Network
- Carbon dioxide monitoring in rebreathers: Dive Medicine with Professor Simon Mitchell
- Optimising images with Curves and Levels: Digital Imaging with Hans Weichselbaum
- Diving the Web, with Phil Bendle
- Shades of Colour – more stunning images in our regular photo competition
Just for fun!
- Papa does it again!
- BACK IN THE DAY! Fearless, amphibian: the Nikonos 35mm camera
Travel Beat Videos
Entry into the Shades Of Colour Photographic Competition is free! And there are prizes to be won in two categories.