In the hard copy of the August/September 2006 issue:
A Gem of a Dive: Little Barrier
– Just when I thought a magical day couldnât get any better, we were treated to the sight of panicked baitfish breaking the surface fleeing a pod of common dolphins that were in hot pursuit.
Getting Fit for the Dive Season
– Examining the components of a good dive physical and emphasis on cardiovascular health.
Getting Ready for Summer
– Have you looked after your diving gear? Will you be all set for summer?
– Boating and fishing readiness.
– There are too many ex-divers damaged by a DCI who will tell you they wish theyâd sought help sooner.
Military Divers: A Tough Bunch
– A silent shadow gropes his way along a dark and silty seabed towards a suspect explosive device.
U171: Lethal Decision
– Suddenly there was a terrific explosion which resulted in the blood and death of the Grey Wolf. More than 60 years later U171 is one of the marvellous wrecks off South Brittany, a war grave too.
Finding Your Way Back
– Ins and outs of underwater navigation.
– The pain in his leg was excrutiating as Duncan caught a brief glimpse of a dark shape disappearing into the murky distance. He headed for the surface and screamed for help.
Tea, Nitrox and Vodka: the Lake Baikal Expedition
– Deep in the heart of Siberia lies one of the worldâs largest lakes and one of its seven underwater wonders.
Australiaâs Southern Delights
– Diving the Tasman Peninsula.
Tuamotu Archipelago, French Polynesia
– A tropical paradise.
The Challenges of Re-floating a Shipwreck
– The team discovered that the Bwedua presented quite a challenge!
– We remember: Max Hetherington, Bob Begg, Wally Gibbins, ohn Atherton and Steve Irwin.
– An interview with Australian legend Ben Cropp: his life the inspiration behind his book Ben Cropp – Blood in the Water.
204 kg Bluefin Tuna
– First successful landing in New Zealand.
Books, DVDs, Apparel, Posters; Classifieds; Colemanâs Critters; Competition Shades of Colour; Digital Imaging; Diving Medicine;Diving the Web; Editorial; Fishing (Bruce Duncan); Freediving; Incident Insights; Letters to the Editor; Medical Practitioners; New Releases; News; Niue News; Obituaries; Photography; Product News; Service Directory; Spearfishing; Subscriptions; The Spineless Majority; Training News; Travel News; Trip Log; Whatâs Happening.